Monday, August 31, 2009

Bad Habits

By Anonymous

After years of working with entrepreneurs, investors, corporations, and institutions, I realized that most people have one or more habits that prevent them from being wealthy. For each habit I have created and tested a counter-habit, hoping that this can help individuals live happier. This is a manifesto for individual people, written to address one person at a time. Why do I call them habits? Habits are transparent to us. Usually we don’t perceive them unless someone points them out, so I want to create that sense of awareness on the habits that I’ve found have the bigger impact. Before I continue, a word of caution.

THE KEY HABITS

1. feeling sorry for yourself
2. being greedy
3. doing things you dislike doing
4. measuring happiness with money
5. spending more than you can
6. preferring instant gratification
7. complaining
8. comparing to others
9. measuring wealth in monetary terms
10. isolating yourself from your family

No comments:

Post a Comment